HOME REPAIR PROGRAMS
The Essential Single Family Rehab (ESFR) fund is a grant of up to $25,000 to bring a moderately deteriorated home up to NC building code standards. Applications still being accepted.
Apply: The Transylvania County Planning and Community Development Department is supporting HAC in the administration of these funds and can be reached at 828.884-3205.
- Owner-occupied, full-time resident of Transylvania County
- Site-built and off-frame modular units are eligible as well as manufactured housing if the foundation and utilities are permanently affixed including removal of all transporting equipment like wheels, tongue and axels and if there is a full masonry foundation with tie-downs
- One household member must be 62 years of age or more, disabled, a veteran, and/or a child aged 6 or under if there is lead in the home
- Household income must not exceed 80% of area median income
The Urgent Repair Program (URP) fund is up to $8,000 to make urgent repairs that threaten one’s ability to stay in their home. Applications closed 9-30-18. Requirements included:
- Owner-occupied, full-time resident of Transylvania County or Henderson County
- Site-built and manufactured homes are eligible
- One household member must have special needs (62 years of age or more, handicapped or disabled, a single parent with a dependent living at home, a veteran, a large family of 5 or more, and/or a child aged 6 or under with an elevated blood lead level)
- Must have urgent needs that cannot be met through other state or federal programs
- Household income must not exceed 50% of area median income
MULTI-FAMILY HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
The Transylvania County Planning and Community Development Department requests Letters of Interest (LOI) and Pre-Qualifications from for-profit and non-profit entities to design, construct and manage a new multi-family, rental housing development meant to serve those in the workforce earning between 80% and 120% of area median income. View the project description here.
HOME FUNDS PROJECT
A grant through the Asheville Regional Housing Consortium is assisting three low-income homeowners to bring their homes up to NC State Building Code Standards. This project is funded by HUD through the HOME Investment Partnership Program with the intent of providing safe, decent and sanitary housing in Transylvania County. Contractors providing rehabilitation services are encouraged to consider becoming a Section 3 business.
Applications have been received and the process is underway. Due to the limited amount of funding available, applications were scored by a selection committee. Click here to view the Priority Ranking System Form.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Pre-Submittal Site Visit March 1, 2019, Proposal Deadline March 15, 2019): Detailed Scope of Services available upon request and Proposal Submission Requirements found in the RFP.
INFORMATION SHEET: Detailed homeowner requirements and housing systems listed by priority. Learn More
POLICY MANUAL: Transylvania County Policy & Procedure Manual to guide homeowners, contractors and county employees through the grant process. Learn More
- Additional housing assistance information can be found on the Land of Sky Regional Council's website. The regional Affordable Housing Directory can be accessed here.
- Transylvania County will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability or language barrier - please contact us if you require additional assistance.
- If you believe you are a victim of housing discrimination, know that fair housing is your right. Click here to access the US Department of Housing and Urban Development discrimination form.
Is the market meeting our county's housing needs? View the presentation given by the Land Trust to Transylvania County Commissioners, the City of Brevard, and the Town of Rosman.