A grant through the Asheville Regional Housing Consortium will assist three low-income homeowners to bring their homes up to NC State Building Code Standards. This project is funded by HUD through the HOME Investment Partnership Program with the intent of providing safe, decent and sanitary housing in Transylvania County.
- House must be occupied by the owner (no renters or rental units)
- House must be site-built (no manufactured homes)
- Total gross annual income for all residents of house must be less than 80% of the median income in Transylvania County.
- one person residing in the house, income must be less than $29,750
- two people residing in the house, income must be less than $34,000
- three people residing in the house, income must be less than $38,250
- four people residing in the house, income must be less than $42,500
- five people residing in the house, income must be less than $45,900
Due to the limited amount of funding available, applications will be scored by a selection committee. Click here to view the Priority Ranking System Form. Preference will be given to applicants that meet the low income requirement and have:
- an elderly head of household
- individual(s) with disabilities
- children residing in the home
- homes built after 1978
Detailed homeowner requirements and housing systems listed by priority.
Due by August 10, 2017 at 5pm in the Transylvania County Planning and Community Development office.
Transylvania County Policy & Procedure Manual to guide homeowners, contractors and county employees through the grant process.
Additional housing assistance information can be found on the Land of Sky Regional Council's website.
Transylvania County will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability or language barrier - please contact us if you require additional assistance.
If you believe you are a victim of housing discrimination, know that fair housing is your right. Click here to access the US Department of Housing and Urban Development discrimination form.
Is the market meeting our county's housing needs? View the presentation given by the Land Trust to Transylvania County Commissioners, the City of Brevard, and the Town of Rosman.