Any day is a perfect day to answer the Census, please click on the link to complete your 2020 Census today.
We oversee all land use ordinances and provide guidance for property development in Transylvania County, excluding the City of Brevard and its Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (with the exception of farmers in the ETJ). The Transylvania County Planning Board is currently reviewing and updating existing land use ordinances in accordance with their by-laws.
Additionally, we provide guidance, personnel and administrative support to the following appointed county advisory boards:
- Transylvania County Planning Board and Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Joint Historic Preservation Commission (JHPC)
- Reviews and recommends historic structures for local and national designations
- Administers grants for historic preservation
- Educates the public on value of historic preservation
- Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Reviews current road conditions and NC DOT projects
- Participates in comprehensive transportation planning
- Encourages community involvement at TAC meetings
- Cedar Mountain Small Area Planning Committee
- Advise the small area planning process for the Cedar Mountain community
- Make recommendations to the Planning Board and Board of Commissioners
- Cedar Mountain Small Area Plan Survey
We empower our community to shape its future by facilitating the engagement of our citizens and public sector groups for the purpose of creating a more functional society and improving our own social, economic and environmental situation.
- Comprehensive Plan for Transylvania County through 2025
- Community Centers
- Historic Preservation
- Grant Writing and Support
- Active Transportation