We oversee all land use ordinances and provide guidance for property development in Transylvania County, excluding the City of Brevard and its Extra Territorial Jurisdiction (with the exception of farmers in the ETJ). The Transylvania County Planning Board is currently reviewing and updating existing land use ordinances.
Additionally, we provide guidance, personnel and administrative support to the following appointed county advisory boards:
- Transylvania County Planning Board and Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Joint Historic Preservation Commission (JHPC)
- Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Reviews current road conditions and NC DOT projects
- Participates in comprehensive transportation planning - Survey open for public input here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TransylvaniaCTP.
- Encourages community involvement at TAC meetings
We empower our community to shape its future by facilitating the engagement of our citizens and public sector groups for the purpose of creating a more functional society and improving our own social, economic and environmental situation.
- Comprehensive Plan for Transylvania County through 2025
- Community Centers
- Historic Preservation
- Grant Writing and Support
- Active Transportation
- Community Appearance