Imagine what a more empathetic and compassionate Transylvania County might look like.
Project Empathy exists to:
- Be a model of inclusivity
- Understand our shared humanity and work toward a greater sense of belonging and respect
- Raise community awareness and understanding of empathy
- Encourage collaboration, innovation and problem-solving
- Foster and promote opportunities for educational and occupational enrichment
- Respect our differences and support ways to build bridges to connect us
- Promote opportunities for sharing life experiences and perspectives and celebrating our uniqueness
Click HERE to read the compilation of dialogue that followed the essay.
- Listen to the podcast, "Transylvania Together!", created by the local chapter of the NAACP
- "Want to be happy and successful? Try compassion", part of Champions for Change sponsored by Charles Swab
- Brene Brown on Empathy (TED Talk)
- Feel The Sticker Shock Of Someone Who Lives In Poverty - enter your salary on this website to see what it’s like for people in poverty to buy milk, published by Impact Magazine
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The Transylvania County Planning & Community Development Department is pleased to support citizen-led Project Empathy and post their information to this website.